What is Leather Chemicals?
Leather chemicals are specialized chemicals, which have tendency to give functional aspect to the formulation of leather and even their shine. These forms of chemicals have been utilized by various industries in manufacturing different forms of leather products. When it comes to the usage of leather chemicals, they can be segregated into two sections that call for transforming raw hide into preserved leather and transforming preserved leather to leather manufactured goods. These chemicals are highly efficient in creating high quality leather products for excellent usage. Each one of them have their own functionality and used for specific aspects.
Major Chemicals Used as Leather Chemicals:
- Ammonium chloride: Ammonium chloride is utilized extensively at the time of the deliming procedure and assist in removing lime from the hides or skins.
- Sulphuric acid: Sulphuric acid is an essential chemical meant for the usage at the time of the pickling procedure. This is carried out to lower down the pH of the hides or skins.
- Chromium sulphate: Chromium sulphate is a specialized chemical utilized as the tanning agent for developing wet blue.
- Chrome syntans: Chrome syntans are intended towards using at the time of re-chroming to improvise on the softness aspect of the final leather product.
- Resins: Resins are another form of leather chemicals utilized for lending richness and a tight grain to the leather base.
- Dyes: Dyes are extensively used for lending distinctive shades or colors to the leather product as per customer’s request.
- Acrylic resin: Acrylic resins provide detailed properties to the leather finish like that of adhesion as well as water resistance.
Industries Where Leather Chemicals are Mainly Used:
- Leather dying
- Softening leather base
- Cloth Manufacturing
- Purse and Bag Manufacturing
- Shoe Manufacturing
- Belt and Wallet Manufacturing
List of Top Manufacturers of Leather Chemicals:
- Arihant Dyechem
- Mahavir Chemical Industries
- Jyoti Dye Chem Agency
- Swastik interchem Pvt Ltd
- Tex Biosciences Pvt Ltd
- Nilkanth Organics
- Esters and Solvents LLP
- Adchem Technologies
- Sovereign Leather Innovators Pvt Ltd
- Sharda Letex Chemicals Pvt Ltd
- Texochem Industries
- Vijen Biotech India Pvt Ltd
Leather chemicals are intended to be used to give varied functional aspects to a finished product. Leather can be supposed of as a non-woven form of fibrous collagen protein that is resultant from the skin of animals. It has also been condensed bio-refractive. An animal skin is developed bio-refractive and thereby transformed into leather with the assistance of tanning procedure. The tanning course lastingly integrates specified quantities to biocide into the collagen protein. Other necessary features are divulged to the leather with effect of fatliquoring, shaping, dressing, coloring, waterproofing, and working.
Leather that has been handled up to over the fatliquoring stage and partly cut to shape can be bought on the wholesale bazaar by craftsmen, who develop completed leather objects. Final shaping and coating procedure is conducted by the craftsman. The craftsman happen to expurgate, shape, tool, ornament, and otherwise forms the leather into the ultimate leather object. Further to this, it puts on a final texture that instructs the color and shine.